Salvation Army seeking volunteers | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—If you are not in a position to give to those less fortunate this year, you may be able to give up a bit of your time.
The Salvation Army is asking for community volunteers to help organize and load boxes for the Angel Tree distribution at Crossroads Mall.
Volunteers will sort through 4,000 gifts that will be given to the elderly and children in need.
“This is a wonderful time of year to give back to those in need,” said Maj. Francina Proctor, with The Salvation Army Oklahoma Area Command. “We welcome anyone 16 years and older to help sort toys, clothing and other items to ensure our families have a meaningful holiday.”
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., guests can help load boxes each day this week through Saturday, Dec. 15 and Monday, Dec. 17.
Volunteers will also be needed on Dec. 18 through Dec. 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to distribute gifts to families.
Those interested are encouraged to sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- Professors protested, lawmakers listened; millions going to Oklahoma’s education
- UPDATE: New details released in murder for hire case