Shooting leads to standoff; suspect arrested | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A two-hour standoff ended with police taking a shooting suspect into custody.
They arrested 30-year-old Jeremy Nelson discharging a firearm in public and discharging a firearm in a dwelling.
Oklahoma City Police responded to the scene of a shooting in the Silver Hawk neighborhood near N.W. 178th and Penn. Ave. Wednesday night.
Neighbors told News Channel 4 a man opened a window at his home and then fired multiple shots at his neighbor’s house.
When officers arrived, they blocked off the neighborhood and put a nearby school on lockdown.
“We have no idea what this guy’s motive is, if he is mad at someone or if he is just shooting randomly,” Capt. David Brewer said.
Oklahoma City Police were able to reach Nelson on his cell phone and convince him to come out of his house and surrender.
Nelson’s bond is set at $25,500.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers: Passengers dealing with some delays, cancellations are expected on Friday
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks