Shoppers start extra early for Black Friday | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Black Friday is still days away but a handful of shoppers are getting an extra early start this year.
Yuvraj Rana, 18, set up camp outside of the Best Buy near N.W. 63rd St. and May Ave. Monday afternoon.
Rana and several friends have been manning the tent off-and-on for the past 48 hours.
His father, Raj Rana, holds down the fort when Yuvraj runs home for an occassional shower.
This is the fourth year for the duo to camp out for deals outside of the Best Buy store.
“People are very friendly,” Raj said. “The management is very caring, very loving.”
In fact, management made cookies last year and brought donuts on Black Friday morning!
“I’ve never seen anyone with this much dedication,” sales consultant Matthew Hunter said. “He knows what he wants and he’s gonna get it one way or another.”
Yuvraj has been the first shopper in line at the Best Buy for three years running.
He got word recently that another shopper was trying to steal his spot at the front of the line.
“I came out early because I wanted to be number one in line again to continue the streak,” Yuvraj Rana said.
The number one spot will earn the Rana men some sweet deals on a TV, hard drives, and a laptop computer.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy