Raising awareness, preventing sexual assault | Health
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month in an effort to bring more awareness and honor to those fighting on behalf of the victims.
Statistics show nearly one in five women in Oklahoma are victims of sexual assault.
YWCA Sexual Assault Services Senior Director Karla Docter talked with us about ways to prevent these crimes.
She said the number are alarming and probably a lot higher than we know because a lot of assaults go unreported.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy