Raising awareness, preventing sexual assault | Health
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month in an effort to bring more awareness and honor to those fighting on behalf of the victims.
Statistics show nearly one in five women in Oklahoma are victims of sexual assault.
YWCA Sexual Assault Services Senior Director Karla Docter talked with us about ways to prevent these crimes.
She said the number are alarming and probably a lot higher than we know because a lot of assaults go unreported.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS