Make A Wish foundation raising money at OKC lunch | Health
OKLAHOMA CITY – One of our own was honored to help the Make a Wish foundation Tuesday.
KFOR-TV’s own Meg Alexander emceed the annual Make a Wish foundation lunch and she said it was truly inspiring.
Make a Wish grants wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses.
Many around Oklahoma donated handbags, accessories and other items for the auction at the event.
One young girl battling cancer said she got to help coach the OKC Thunder as part of her wish.
Meg said, “Her story and so many others as amazing and certainly put life, and what’s important, into perspective.”
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI