Push to nullify Obamacare passes hurdle in Okla. | Health
OKLAHOMA CITY – The push to nullify “Obamacare” cleared a hurdle at the State Capitol Wednesday.
House Bill 1021 passed out of the house public health committee Wednesday on a 7-to-3 vote.
Rep. Mike Ritze is the author of the bill which would void the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in Oklahoma.
Rep. Ritze, a family practice doctor and surgeon, said the move would help protect businesses like Hobby Lobby from what he calls the “detrimental effects of Obamacare.”
The measure will now be considered by the house calendar committee.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game