OKC Turkey Trot moves to Friday | Events
A popular event that has families burning calories before indulging in Thanksgiving dinner has been moved. The 13th annual Oklahoma City Turkey Trot will be held on Friday, Nov. 23 at the Myriad Gardens. The race is usually held on Thanksgiving Day. However, organizers say they hope the date change attracts more runners by allowing more time for them to spend with their family on the holiday. Participants can choose to run in either the 5K, a one mile Wobble Run or a 200 yard children's run. Registration begins at 7 a.m. After the race, families can enjoy face painting, sack races and discounted tickets to the Botanical Gardens and the ice rink. Proceeds from the run benefit the Eagle Ridge Institute and the Special Olympics. For more information, or to register, visit the OKC Turkey Trot website.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
Don't wait any longer! Get your home inspected.