OKC Turkey Trot moves to Friday | Events
A popular event that has families burning calories before indulging in Thanksgiving dinner has been moved. The 13th annual Oklahoma City Turkey Trot will be held on Friday, Nov. 23 at the Myriad Gardens. The race is usually held on Thanksgiving Day. However, organizers say they hope the date change attracts more runners by allowing more time for them to spend with their family on the holiday. Participants can choose to run in either the 5K, a one mile Wobble Run or a 200 yard children's run. Registration begins at 7 a.m. After the race, families can enjoy face painting, sack races and discounted tickets to the Botanical Gardens and the ice rink. Proceeds from the run benefit the Eagle Ridge Institute and the Special Olympics. For more information, or to register, visit the OKC Turkey Trot website.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: Two in custody after high speed chase with RV
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
Don't wait any longer! Get your home inspected.