State of emergency declared for OK | Environment
Gov. Mary Fallin has declared a state of emergency for all 77 counties due to the extreme drought across the state.
“Extreme heat and dry conditions continue to affect the entire state,” Fallin said. “My administration will be ready to help provide whatever aid and assistance it can as Oklahoma communities work to cope with this drought.”
The Executive Order allows state agencies to make emergency purchases related to disaster relief.
The state of emergency will remain in effect for 30 days.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy