eCycling event coming to OKC | Environment
If you have old electronics that are just taking up space, a free event that will help you clear out your computer room is coming to the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds this weekend.
The "Free eCycling Drop Off Event" will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the state fairgrounds in Oklahoma City.
Visitors can stop by the the fairgrounds and drop off a variety of electronic items that will be safely disposed by crews.
Some of the items that will be accepted include:
- Computer monitors
- Fax machines
- Home & Office phones
- Cell phones
- Consumer electronics (DVD players, etc.)
Items that will not be accepted include:
- Smoke alarms and detectors
- Large appliances
- Non-decontaminated medical equipment
- Any unit with sludge or liquids
The eCycling crew will remove all acceptable electronic items from trunks and pickup trucks so visitors don't need to get out of their cars.
The event is open to all Oklahomans, so there is no need to show a water bill.
For more information on the event, visit the city's website.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy