Suspects on loose after carjacking, beating man | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — The three men attacked who a man and left him on the side of the road are still on the loose.
Wednesday suspects carjacked a man at N.W. 10th St. and Virginia Dr. near N. Meridian Ave.
Neighbors watched as a red BMW came to a screeching halt.
Trevor Hopkins, 19, was thrown from his own vehicle.
He told police it started a few blocks away when he was flagged down by a man who seemed like he might have a question.
He said when he rolled down the window the man punched him in the face and in the rear view mirror he saw two more men heading for his car.
Hopkins said they beat him, pinned him down in the backseat and drove off.
“He came running over here,” Debbie Larkin said. “His face was all red, you could clearly see where he had been hit. I gave him my cell phone to call police.”
Hopkins told police the men who have his wallet threatened to go to his family’s home.
A patrol car was sent for their protection.
The stolen car is a red, 2005 BMW X3 with Texas tags and a Kanakuk Kamps plate.
Anyone with information on this carjacking is asked to call Oklahoma City Police.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI