Lance ‘Danger’ West gets shot but not by a bullet | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – From tasers to mace, police use a variety of instruments to control an unruly suspect.
They are now testing a new weapon.
It’s a gun that fires a powerful chemical to stop a combative person in his or her tracks.
News Channel 4′s Lance West volunteered to be the target for one agency’s very first test.
When violence erupts, gunfire is usually a last resort for officers.
Now Oklahoma City police have a new weapon and this one is designed to save lives.
Deputies had never actually used the until now with Lance West.
Is it an effective tool to fight crime or a cruel and unusual punishment?
Lance is working on this story for Thursday night at 10 p.m.
You’ll see him get shot right between the eyes with the new crime fighting tool.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alleged smash and grab burglary caught on camera
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition