Man arrested for arson in house fire reported after domestic dispute | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Arson investigators arrested a man on Sunday for setting fire to a home in the 1200 block of N.W. 16th St.
Firefighters were immediately suspicious when they arrived at the house fire around 5:30 a.m. Sunday because they said police had been at the house on a domestic dispute call just hours before the fire started.
Neighbors said they weren’t really surprised by the turn of events and say there’s been trouble at the house before.
But they said it was a frightening scene to wake up to flames Sunday morning.
“Oh it was very scary,” neighbor Kourtney Lewis said. “I mean, when you see a house before the firemen got here, God bless them. I mean, the whole all you could see was just fire, coming out of every window, door, everything.”
Authorities have not yet released the name of the man arrested for arson.
The situation is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: Two in custody after high speed chase with RV
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs