Former OKC Thunder guard, friend, charged with kidnapping, assault | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have just released more information in the domestic abuse case involving former OKC Thunder guard DeAndre Liggins.
Liggins is facing nine counts including assault and battery and kidnapping.
His friend, Marcus Rogers, is facing two criminal counts as well.
According to the affidavit, last month Liggins’ girlfriend ran screaming from her home in northwest Oklahoma City after she told officers Liggins violently beat her in front of her 2-year-old son.
The woman suffered several abrasions and a separated shoulder during the incident.
The affidavit states Liggins threw her from her bed, punched her, stomped on her head and hit her in the head with an Xbox and a box fan.
It also states the victim tried to run from the home multiple times but Rogers allegedly chased her and dragged her back into the home more than once.
Authorities said, at one point, Rogers used his cell phone to take a short video that shows him taunting and making fun of the victim and the situation.
Liggins and Rogers have been released on bond.
The OKC Thunder waived Liggins from the team last Friday.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank