Man who often plays Santa at schools arrested for lewd proposals to child | Crime
WARR ACRES, Okla. – A man who officials said often plays Santa at local schools has been arrested, accused of making lewd proposals to a child.
Authorities used Craigslist to net 49-year-old Wiley Gene Davis. The task force said Davis responded to an advertisement he believed a 15-year-old girl posted. According to the OSBI, Davis made sexual and lewd proposals and even referred to himself as “Santa.”
At his Warr Acres home, his wife told NewsChannel 4 she was shocked by the allegations.
“I would have never ever suspected him of doing anything like that. He always was like the guy who helped kids. I am just very sad and heartbroken,” Davis’ wife said.
She added that she was filing for divorce.
Last week Davis went to a convenience store near Coltrane and Waterloo to meet the teen. Undercover agents were waiting for him. When he got out of the car, agents said they noticed he was wearing a private investigator badge and had a loaded pistol.
They arrested him for lewd acts and proposals to a child under 16, violations of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act and possession of a firearm in the act of committing a felony.
Davis is also a coed baseball coach for children under six in the Oklahoma City area. Authorities are still trying to determine which schools Davis went to in his Santa costume.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police block northwest OKC streets, drivers may need to take a detour
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs