Man to be executed against Pardon and Parole Board’s recommendation | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma will execute a man Tuesday a jury convicted of raping and murdering his girlfriend’s mother.
Brian Davis will die by lethal injection despite the Pardon and Parole Board’s recommendation to commute his death sentence after he apologized.
Davis’ confession and apology before the board led them to vote 4-1 for a clemency recommendation.
Governor Mary Fallin rejected their suggestion, her second since she took office in Jan. 2011.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business