Man to be executed for elderly couple’s murder | Crime
POTEAU, Okla. – A man convicted of murdering an elderly couple in Le Flore County is to be executed Tuesday.
A Jury found 36-year-old James DeRosa guilty of stabbing to death 73-year-old Curtis Plummer and his 70-year-old wife, Gloria.
He was sentenced to death.
Last month the Pardon and Parole Board voted to follow through with the execution.
Prosecutors said DeRosa and another man talked their way into the elderly couple’s home in Poteau in Oct. 2000.
The other defendant testified against DeRosa in exchange for a lesser charge of life in prison.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy