Man to be executed for elderly couple’s murder | Crime
POTEAU, Okla. – A man convicted of murdering an elderly couple in Le Flore County is to be executed Tuesday.
A Jury found 36-year-old James DeRosa guilty of stabbing to death 73-year-old Curtis Plummer and his 70-year-old wife, Gloria.
He was sentenced to death.
Last month the Pardon and Parole Board voted to follow through with the execution.
Prosecutors said DeRosa and another man talked their way into the elderly couple’s home in Poteau in Oct. 2000.
The other defendant testified against DeRosa in exchange for a lesser charge of life in prison.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow