Police chase ends at brick wall, car into home | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three men led Oklahoma City Police on a short chase early Tuesday morning.
It ended with the getaway car crashing into a house.
It happened near N.W. 85th St. and Harvey.
Neighbors raced outside when they heard the commotion and they said they couldn’t believe their eyes.
“When it’s that big of a bang, I wonder what is up,” Marvin Hutcherson said. “I see that car there and thought wow someone tried to drive up through here!”
The driver also knocked down a stop sign as he tried to escape.
Neighbors said they’re surprised something like this could happen so close to home.
“Crime happens a lot,” Kendall Butler said. “But it’s not normal for people to run into peoples’ houses.”
No one was hurt in the crash.
As cleanup begins, they said this won’t be something they’ll be forgetting anytime soon.
“It’s all bad,” Butler said. “First the Thunder lose and now this.”
The driver ran away from the wreck and escaped.
Police took the two passengers into custody.
They said they are hoping to trace the car’s license plate back to the driver.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon