Police remove suspicious package during Thunder game | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma City Police removed a suspicious package from an area near the Chesapeake Energy Arena during the game Wednesday night.
Police found the package near a parking garage at Sheridan and Walker just outside the Union Bus Station.
According to police, they quickly blocked off the area as a precaution, called in the bomb squad and removed the package as the Thunder game was wrapping up.
The suspicious item was removed before the streets filled with fans.
Investigators have inspected the package and now believe there was nothing dangerous inside.
Oklahoma City Police plan to have an increased presence at major events in downtown Oklahoma City including the Festival of the Arts and Memorial Marathon.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy