Sheriff’s deputy talks about recovery after shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – It has been nearly two years since an Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Deputy was critically injured in an ambush attack.
John Waldenville was taking a night deposit from Cattlemen’s Restaurant to the bank when he was shot.
He survived the shooting but his recovery has been long an arduous.
Just last Friday a judge sentenced one of the suspects to two life sentences.
He must serve at least 85 percent of the 25 years.
The triggerman a much more severe sentence in February, life plus 30 years.
Major Waldenville talked with us in the studio about the event and his recovery.
His attorney, David Slane, joined us as well.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman