Sheriff’s deputy talks about recovery after shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – It has been nearly two years since an Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Deputy was critically injured in an ambush attack.
John Waldenville was taking a night deposit from Cattlemen’s Restaurant to the bank when he was shot.
He survived the shooting but his recovery has been long an arduous.
Just last Friday a judge sentenced one of the suspects to two life sentences.
He must serve at least 85 percent of the 25 years.
The triggerman a much more severe sentence in February, life plus 30 years.
Major Waldenville talked with us in the studio about the event and his recovery.
His attorney, David Slane, joined us as well.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business