Sheriff’s deputy talks about recovery after shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – It has been nearly two years since an Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Deputy was critically injured in an ambush attack.
John Waldenville was taking a night deposit from Cattlemen’s Restaurant to the bank when he was shot.
He survived the shooting but his recovery has been long an arduous.
Just last Friday a judge sentenced one of the suspects to two life sentences.
He must serve at least 85 percent of the 25 years.
The triggerman a much more severe sentence in February, life plus 30 years.
Major Waldenville talked with us in the studio about the event and his recovery.
His attorney, David Slane, joined us as well.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon