Pastor accused of murder asking for bond | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City pastor accused of fatally shooting his son-in-law is asking a judge to set a bond in his case so he can get out of jail pending trial.
Michael Elder, 53, is accused in the death of 27-year old Gary Davidson.
The two men were in a domestic dispute over a truck and police reports show Elder shot Davidson when Davidson tried to pull Elder’s daughter out of the moving vehicle.
This happened along N.W. 12th St. on Feb. 20.
Elder’s attorney is asking for $25,000 bond with the condition no weapons would be in his home.
Elder is a pastor at Cross Baptist Church.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business