Pastor accused of murder asking for bond | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City pastor accused of fatally shooting his son-in-law is asking a judge to set a bond in his case so he can get out of jail pending trial.
Michael Elder, 53, is accused in the death of 27-year old Gary Davidson.
The two men were in a domestic dispute over a truck and police reports show Elder shot Davidson when Davidson tried to pull Elder’s daughter out of the moving vehicle.
This happened along N.W. 12th St. on Feb. 20.
Elder’s attorney is asking for $25,000 bond with the condition no weapons would be in his home.
Elder is a pastor at Cross Baptist Church.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow