Hallucinating felon leads police to weapons cache, drugs | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City man is behind bars after police discovered a small arsenal of illegal weapons and drugs at his home.
They said they never would have made the bust if it wasn’t for the suspect.
It started Tuesday night when the man walked into the Taco Bell at N.W. 23rd St. and May Ave. armed with a gun.
The suspect claimed he was being chased by armed men.
After police were called, he led them to his home just down the street.
Inside the home police found 13 weapons including some very high-caliber guns and drugs.
Police said his story of being chased appeared to have been a drug-induced delusion.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “The officers believe the story he told was the result of his intoxication. He appeared to be under the influence of heroine and alcohol.”
The suspect, convicted felon Gabriel Rivera has been charged with illegal possession of guns and drugs.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses