Parent pepper sprayed, officer injured in school scuffle | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – One parent is in jail and a campus police officer injured after a scuffle outside a Putnam City middle school Friday.
The parent was checking in his child at the school when he returned to the office and confronted the officer.
School officials said the parent became belligerent and was taken outside.
That’s when the parent and officer struggled.
The parent was hit with pepper spray and the officer injured his leg in a fall.
The parent, identified as Cody Howard, was taken to jail on a complaint of assault and battery on a police officer.
The officer has been treated and released.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy