Warrants filed for alleged Craigslist scammer | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have issued a warrant for a woman News Channel 4 has been tracking for months.
She’s deemed the “Oklahoma Craigslist Scammer.”
“She was scamming people out of money while posing as a landlord or home owner,” OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said. “She was taking deposits for houses that weren’t hers.”
But police said the woman accused is Suzanne Durazo who is also known as Suzanne Cross and Suzanne Vance.
She allegedly took $500 deposits from several people wanting to rent homes and when it was time to move-in, clients said she told them the home was no longer available.
In some cased they said she offered to give the money back but never did.
“Our white-collar crimes investigators have looked at this for quite some time now,” Sgt. Wardlow said. “There’s a lot of people involved and lot of victims.”
Court documents show a list of people who said they fell prey to her scheme.
“It has been a long process but she does have warrants issued for her arrest,” Sgt. Wardlow said.
If you have any information about this woman, police would appreciate your help.
MORE on alleged Craigslist scammer
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game