Trial begins for deputy's accused attackers | Crime
The trial began for one of the men accused of shooting an off-duty Oklahoma County Sheriff's deputy last year.
Prosecutors claim 30-year-old Christopher Baker pulled the trigger last May that severely injured Maj. John Waldenville.
Waldenville was taking the night deposit from Cattlemen's restaurant when he was attacked.
Monday, the jury selection process began for Baker's trial.
He is charged with intent to kill and robbery with a firearm.
A pre-trial conference is also scheduled for 19-year-old Keonta Prince, who is also charged in the shooting.
That conference is scheduled for Dec. 14.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- FBI searching for woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow