Convicted murderer escapes from OK prison | Crime
A manhunt is underway for a convicted murderer who escaped from a prison in Atoka County Monday morning.
Authorities say 29-year-old Jason Bales escaped from the Mack Alford Correctional Center on Monday.
He was last seen wearing his prison jumpsuit.
Officials say he is considered to be armed and dangerous.
Bales is serving a life sentence for the first-degree murder of his girlfriend's mother.
He was convicted of the crime back in October of 2007.
Bales stands at 6'1" tall, weighing 196 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
If you have any information on his whereabouts, you are asked to call police.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy