Car wash murder | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma City Police are on the look-out for the gunman responsible for a murder at a car wash Sunday night.
The victim was shot to death at a car wash across the street from U.S. Grant High School.
The car wash is located in the area of SW 51st and Pennsylvania.
Neighbors report hearing gunfire almost every night.
“I don’t like it because I have two kids, and my kids are good kids.” said neighbor Holly Melher. “All of a sudden, I heard a gunshot and it was loud and I thought it was probably a big gun.”
Police found the victim, a white man, laying by a car with apparent gunshot wounds, according to Oklahoma City Police Lieutenant Don Holland.
The victim was taken to the hospital where he died from those wounds.
“The only information we have is the shooter was a Mexican male in his late teens or early 20′s, in an unknown vehicle.” said Lt. Holland. “I do not know the motivation right now.”
Police believe the victim was in the process of vacuuming out his car when the suspect approached and fired.
Police are looking into whether any security cameras in the area may have caught the crime on tape.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy