Two arrested, one at large after armed chase near school | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities are searching for a man who brought a gun within 2,000 feet of a school campus.
The incident led to a short car chase through the metro Wednesday afternoon, which ended with the suspect getting away.
Putnam City Campus Police have identified the suspect as Joseph Cross.
Chief Mark Stout said Cross flashed a gun at an officer near Putnam City Academy.
“The driver of the vehicle, Joseph Cross, held a gun up in the window, yelled some obscenities, and took off down the street,” Chief Stout said.
The chase ended in the parking lot of an apartment complex near N.W. 34th St. and N. St. Charles St.
Police said Blake Kelley, 18, and Gary Childress, 19, were passengers in the car.
They were arrested on drug charges.
Police said Cross bailed out of the car and escaped.
Authorities are in the process of getting a warrant for his arrest.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police