Two arrested, one at large after armed chase near school | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities are searching for a man who brought a gun within 2,000 feet of a school campus.
The incident led to a short car chase through the metro Wednesday afternoon, which ended with the suspect getting away.
Putnam City Campus Police have identified the suspect as Joseph Cross.
Chief Mark Stout said Cross flashed a gun at an officer near Putnam City Academy.
“The driver of the vehicle, Joseph Cross, held a gun up in the window, yelled some obscenities, and took off down the street,” Chief Stout said.
The chase ended in the parking lot of an apartment complex near N.W. 34th St. and N. St. Charles St.
Police said Blake Kelley, 18, and Gary Childress, 19, were passengers in the car.
They were arrested on drug charges.
Police said Cross bailed out of the car and escaped.
Authorities are in the process of getting a warrant for his arrest.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma