Oklahoma City listed on top 10 'most dangerous' cities | Crime
A recent study on Forbes.com has determined the top ten 'most dangerous' cities in the United States, and two cities in Oklahoma made the list.
The website combined statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's along with other statistics, like traffic fatalities, to create their list. Creators used FBI data on the number of violent crimes per 100,000 residents, Department of Transportation data on the number of traffic fatalities per 100,000 residents and ranked all the cities with a population over 250,000.
Chicago, Las Vegas and Virginia Beach did not get included on the list because of a lack of current data.
The country's most dangerous cities include:
- 1st- Memphis, Tennessee
- 2nd- St. Louis, Missouri
- 3rd- Kansas City, Missouri
- 4th- Detroit, Michigan
- 5th- Miami, Florida
- 6th- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 7th- Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee
- 8th- Indianapolis, Indiana
- 9th- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 10th- Stockton, California
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow