Oklahoma City listed on top 10 'most dangerous' cities | Crime
A recent study on Forbes.com has determined the top ten 'most dangerous' cities in the United States, and two cities in Oklahoma made the list.
The website combined statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's along with other statistics, like traffic fatalities, to create their list. Creators used FBI data on the number of violent crimes per 100,000 residents, Department of Transportation data on the number of traffic fatalities per 100,000 residents and ranked all the cities with a population over 250,000.
Chicago, Las Vegas and Virginia Beach did not get included on the list because of a lack of current data.
The country's most dangerous cities include:
- 1st- Memphis, Tennessee
- 2nd- St. Louis, Missouri
- 3rd- Kansas City, Missouri
- 4th- Detroit, Michigan
- 5th- Miami, Florida
- 6th- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 7th- Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee
- 8th- Indianapolis, Indiana
- 9th- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 10th- Stockton, California
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy