Oklahoma City listed on top 10 'most dangerous' cities | Crime
A recent study on Forbes.com has determined the top ten 'most dangerous' cities in the United States, and two cities in Oklahoma made the list.
The website combined statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's along with other statistics, like traffic fatalities, to create their list. Creators used FBI data on the number of violent crimes per 100,000 residents, Department of Transportation data on the number of traffic fatalities per 100,000 residents and ranked all the cities with a population over 250,000.
Chicago, Las Vegas and Virginia Beach did not get included on the list because of a lack of current data.
The country's most dangerous cities include:
- 1st- Memphis, Tennessee
- 2nd- St. Louis, Missouri
- 3rd- Kansas City, Missouri
- 4th- Detroit, Michigan
- 5th- Miami, Florida
- 6th- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 7th- Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee
- 8th- Indianapolis, Indiana
- 9th- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 10th- Stockton, California
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover