Most dangerous cities list released | Crime
A new study released this year's most dangerous cities in the United States and a few Oklahoma towns made the list.
St. Louis, Missouri took over the dubious distinction as America's most dangerous city. Last year's danger city was Camden, New Jersey, which came in second on the most recent list.
The CQ Press rankings looked at statistics of murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and motor vehicle theft. 347 metropolitan areas and 400 cities were considered using the statistics, which were released by the Uniform Crime Reporting Program of the FBI this past September.
Oklahoma cities that made the list include:
- No. 28- Tulsa
- No. 50- Oklahoma City
- No. 331- Norman
- No. 366- Edmond
The rankings are out of 400 cities around the country.
Upcoming Events near North Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy